Yesterday we hosted our first party in the new house! About 20 friends and coworkers dropped by through the afternoon, and our good friends stayed until late. We borrowed a nice cornhole set and introduced the game to anyone who hadn’t heard of it.
We made a ton of food and it all turned out great so I wanted to share the recipes we used.
- Tortilla chips with fresh guacamole and (storebought) salsa
- Hummus (storebought) and veggies (carrots, celery, bell peppers, radishes)
- Fruit, nut, and cheese tray (red grapes, roasted salted almonds, extra-sharp cheddar)
- Ham and swiss sliders with butter-mustard glaze
- Farfalle pesto salad with cherry tomatoes and feta (I used this pesto recipe)
- Curried chicken and apple salad (researched many recipes and made my own, below)
- a rotisserie chicken, diced
- 2 Granny Smith apples, diced
- 1 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 cup roasted salted almonds, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- enough mayonnaise to coat (about 1 cup)
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- a pinch of salt, to taste
- a pinch of sugar, to taste
- baguette slices to serve
- Pumpkin pie bites (with crescent roll crusts!)
- S’mores over the firepit
We stocked up on beer and wine, and people brought even more as gifts. They even brought flowers and pastries! The leftover pastries were perfect with this morning’s breakfast…
And we’re looking forward to enjoying the rest of the leftovers for the next few days.