As you can see, I haven’t planned meals in a while. After we hosted several houseguests in a row I fell off the planning wagon. But as usual, it’s been more hectic and less efficient without a plan, so today I took the time to make one.
(images from links below. you like how I balance those pancakes with green stuff? :)
- Friday: Out and about
- Saturday: Breakfast: sour cream pancakes. Dinner: grill burgers & dogs
- Sunday: My mom’s slow cooker chicken tortilla soup
- Make-ahead lunch: Green wraps (with homemade hummus if I get ambitious)
- Monday: Leftovers (getting home late)
- Tuesday: Green pesto plate
- Wednesday: Leftovers (getting home late)
- Thursday: Pork chops and roasted broccoli
This month I cooked lentils for the first time. They were good! My friend recommended a dal recipe with rhubarb and I really want to try it, but haven’t found any at the store yet. I’m also craving rhubarb buttermilk quickbread. Is it in season where you are?