Last week I didn’t really cook much. We went out to eat a few times, and Dan caught that cold/flu thing everyone’s getting (so it’s not like he could taste good cooking anyway — poor guy). Last night we had grilled cheese and tomato soup. Knock on wood that I stay healthy.
Next Monday I’m on jury duty for the first time. Is it weird to pack your own lunch? It would be nice if I don’t get chosen for a trial. But if I do, at least I’ll have shorter hours than normal work, and I’ll get to walk to the courthouse rather than drive my commute. Should still have time to cook at night.
(photos from links below)
This week’s meal plan:
- Friday: Out with friends
- Saturday: Brunch: Broiled grapefruit with honey yogurt and granola (check out those photographs, wow). Dinner: Thai coconut curry soup
- Sunday: Superbowl party! I’ll bring either guacamole or mango salsa, plus brownies
- Make-ahead lunch: chickpea salad wraps
- Monday: Leftovers
- Tuesday: Chicken and black bean burritos with avocado pineapple salsa
- Wednesday: Leftovers (getting home late)
- Thursday: Pork chops and roasted broccoli
My coworker just dropped by and raved about a beer cheese dip she made this week. Maybe I should bring that to the Superbowl party instead — what would you bring? Too many good options!