Last week I had mixed results with cooking. The birthday cake didn’t turn out well — bland and dry. Next time I’ll stick to box mixes for yellow cake. But the frosting was rich, almost moussey, which made it all worth eating. We had leftover cake with coffee and eggs at breakfast. Because we’re adults and we get to decide what breakfast food means.
On the upside, I made chickpea salad wraps and brought them to lunch a few times. They were delicious and now I’m inspired to make ahead some kind of salad or wrap filling each week for easy grab-and-go lunches. I’m no good at making lunches in the mornings.
This week’s meal plan (including stuff from last week I didn’t get around to):
- Friday: Grilled steak and pan-fried cumin sweet potatoes with spicy garlic sauce
- Saturday: Brunch: orange cinnamon coffeecake. Dinner: eat out or leftovers
- Sunday: Crockpot chicken tortilla soup, Mom’s recipe
- Make-ahead lunch: Kiwi mango quinoa salad
- Monday: Burgers/dogs and veggies/dip
- Tuesday: Quinoa black bean tacos
- Wednesday: Leftovers (getting home late)
- Thursday: Greek chicken wraps (variation of this recipe)
Lately, I’m wildly attracted to taco recipes. Is it bad to eat tacos all week long?