Today’s my birthday.
My birthday two years ago
I don’t tend to make a big deal out of it (and sometimes actively hide it, like at work). But I do like to use it as an excuse to enjoy a few sweets! So last night as a pre-birthday treat I baked a few homemade chocolate chip cookies. This morning I actually cooked breakfast (instead of bagels or oatmeal) with cinnamon rolls, scrambled eggs, and yogurt. And this afternoon, I’m going to make myself a birthday cake! After all that I’ll take it easy on the cooking through the weekend and then try a few new recipes.
This week’s meal plan:
- Friday: Birthday cake! Based on this yellow cake with chocolate frosting. And we’re going out for dinner.
- Saturday: Burgers/dogs (we ignored them last week in favor of taco night)
- Sunday: Concessions at the Cavs vs Lakers game in LA (go Cavs!)
- Monday: Beef stew leftovers
- Tuesday: Yogurt chicken with ginger-coriander chutney
- Wednesday: Steaks on the grill and pan-fried cumin sweet potatoes with spicy garlic sauce
- Thursday: Quinoa black bean tacos
Do you usually have a big birthday celebration, or enjoy a quiet day?